Quinoa Salad with Chicken
Power: 4 servings
Completed in: 30 to 45 minutes *
- 1¼ cups of quinoa
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounce chicken tender
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 large orange, peeled and sliced
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions; Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- In the meantime, preheat the broiler on a wire rack 4 to 6 inches off the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the chili powder, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken under the grill and cook until cooked for about 12 minutes.
- Add chicken to the quinoa, toss with remaining ingredients, cover and refrigerate until serving.
* Quinoa can be made ahead of time.
Nutritional information (per serving): Calories 459, total fat 19 g, saturated fat 3 g, trans fat 0 g, sodium 389 mg, carbohydrates 52 g, fiber 6 g, sugar 4 g, protein 20 g, iron 3.5 mg
- Quinoa is a complete protein, making it an ideal source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
- Oranges contain more than 170 different phytochemicals and more than 60 flavonoids, many of which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Antioxidants in limes prevent plaque from building up on artery walls, making them a heart-healthy addition to meals.